08 February 2016

#LetThemStay

State Library of Victoria
8 February 2016
LetThemStay rally


I was (and still am) angry enough about the Australian Government's (= Turnbull / Liberal Party) policy on asylum seekers and the Australian Labor Party’s scramble to “me too” the lock-'em-up policy to dig out my First Dog tee shirt and tram it to the State Library for Get Up’s rally.

Old and leftie he may be, but he votes.
©SGJ8022016

Old farts don’t demos.
They don’t do they?

Old farts and young farts were angry and chanted 'Let them stay'. They (nearly all) vote.
©SGJ8022016


Old farts have a few advantages, to whit,
  • they have fewer years left than they have used and they want to use them well
  • they don’t give a shit what people think of them
  • they have well-oiled political hypocrisy detectors
  • they vote.


Delicious irony: Sir Redmond Barry - of Ned Kelly fame, now immobile in bronze - presides over a protest rally. Like Mr Turnbull, he was significantly outnumbered.
©SGJ8022016


I cannot – will not – vote for a party that will return the 267 refugees presently in Australia back to Nauru.
I cannot – will not – vote for a party that incarcerates refugees in the hell-holes we pay for on Nauru and Manus Island.
I cannot – will not – vote for a party that institutionalises cruel and inhumane treatment of innocent people.


Not in my name Mr Turnbull; not with my money.


No comments:

Post a Comment